- What makes Moving Mountains Design so effective in helping to sell homes faster and for more money?We understand the real estate market and what motivates someone to purchase one home over another.We know that a home buyer in Silverlake will be attracted to a different style of home than a buyer in Arcadia, and we stage accordingly.We have undergone specialized training in the fields of Home Staging, Feng Shui and Interior Design. With years of hands-on experience in these fields, as well as designing sets for commercials, film and television, it gives us the special ability to discern exactly what each property needs. Our goal is to make your listing appealing and desirable to the largest number of potential buyers. The staff at Moving Mountains Design has the experience of many staging projects behind them to make that happen.
- What areas do you work in?
- Los Angeles: Los Feliz, Silverlake, Echo Park, Hollywood Hills, Lake Hollywood
- San Gabriel Valley: Pasadena, San Marino, Arcadia, S. Pasadena, Alhambra, Glendale, Altadena, Monrovia, Bradbury
- San Fernando Valley: Toluca Lake, Burbank, Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Encino, Woodland Hills, Glendale
- Or in other words: The areas bounded by the 10 Freeway to the south, Topanga Blvd. to the west, the 210 Freeway to the north & the 605 Freeway to the east. If you would like us to stage outside this area, call us to check our availability.
- Do you own all the furniture and accessories you use for home staging?We own all our own accessories, lamps, silk plants, throw pillows, bedding, artwork and a large number of Persian rugs. We source out the bigger pieces of furniture. This allows us to choose from a large number of furniture suppliers for the greatest selection of furniture styles and price points, to best enhance the particular style of your home.
- Is Moving Mountains Design insured? Yes, we carry $4,000,000.00 of aggregate liability insurance and all of our staff members are covered by Workers Comp insurance. Regardless of what staging company you hire, make sure that they are insured and that their employees are covered by Workers Comp insurance for your protection and peace of mind.
- Do you stage vacant homes? Yes, vacant homes are one of our areas of expertise. From condos to cottages to estates, 1,000 square feet to 10,000 square feet, we have staged many vacant properties with great success. Be sure to check out our Before and After photos in the Portfolio section of this website.
- What is included when you stage my home? Everything that is included in your staging package will be clearly spelled out in our contract. Each project is different, depending upon the budget and other parameters determined in our first meeting. Generally speaking, all the furniture, accessories, artwork, plants and bedding used to give your home that model home feel are included. All the labor to install the furniture and accessories, and to take it away once your home sells, is included in the cost of the staging. Other services, such as cleaning or painting, can be arranged as well for an additional fee.
- Does having my home staged guarantee that my home will sell?Staging doesn't guarantee your home will sell, but it does give it a better chance. When you put your home on the market, you have entered it into a beauty contest. The most beautiful homes are the most desirable and usually sell the fastest. Staging by Moving Mountains Design will maximize the home's appeal to as many buyers as possible. The more appealing your home is, the more likely it will sell.
- Who pays for home staging? In most instances, the homeowner pays for staging their home. The homeowner is the one that stands to benefit the most if the home sells quickly or for more money. The homeowner will keep approximately 94% of the proceeds when a home sells, while all the Real Estate Brokers and Agents involved in the home's sale split 6% (assuming a 6% commission) of the proceeds. Additionally, the condition of your home when it is on the market is the homeowner's responsibility, just as it was while they were living in it.
- What rooms do you recommend we have staged?We feel the most important rooms to stage are the Entry, Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, Family Room (if the home has one), Master Bedroom & Master Bath. These are the key rooms that home buyers focus on and have the most expectations of. We also get many requests to stage a home office and children's bedrooms as well. Additionally, we strongly recommend investing in staging the front of the home, as this is the first impression the potential home buyer will get when they drive up.
- How long does staging take? The physical act of staging typically only takes one day, regardless of the size of your home. Once your contract is signed and we receive a deposit, we require as little as 2 business days to prepare before we can stage your home, depending upon our availability.
- When should I stage my home? You should stage your home before listing it on the MLS. Once your home has been staged it will photograph better, thereby looking better on the MLS and in marketing & brochure photos. It is estimated that up to 80% of potential home buyers now start their search for a new home on the internet (NAR). Better looking photos mean more potential buyers may be interested in spending their time to see your home. Don't waste the opportunity an open house presents by allowing prospective buyers see your home when it has not been prepared to show at its best. The first open house usually generates the most interest and has the most showings. Make sure you are making your best first impression when it really counts.
- Does Moving Mountains Design always do all the work, or can I hire you as a consultant and I do the work? We will do as much or as little work as you would like. If you would like to do the work yourself we can prepare a comprehensive report with instructions for you. Or you can hire Moving Mountains Design to do the entire job, while you sit back and relax and prepare to be awed by the results.
- How do we get started? Call us to arrange for a free estimate (626)441-8975 or contact us.
- We will make an appointment to see your home, make notes and take photographs.
- We will then prepare an estimate, which will be emailed to you or your Listing Agent, usually within 2 business days.
- Once you accept our estimate we will email you a contract. Upon receiving a signed contract and deposit check from you we will begin to prepare for your staging by selecting the perfect furniture and accessories to enhance your home.
- On the scheduled staging day we show up at a pre-arranged time to install the furniture and accessories that will make you home look picture perfect.
- Once staging is complete, we provide your Listing Agent with "after" photographs of your home to be used on the MLS and in printed marketing materials.
Contact us today for a free staging estimate (626)441-8975. Click here for more information. Preparing homes for a faster sale in the greater Los Angeles area, the San Gabriel Valley & the San Fernando Valley.